Roughly two weeks after a training session full of unofficial International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) world records, powerlifter Tiffany Chapon continues to up the ante.
On April 17, 2022, the French athlete exceeded a total raw world of 435 kilograms (959 pounds). In addition, Chapon locked out a 100-kilogram bench press — which eclipses Hanna Rantala’s 95.5-kilogram (210.5 pounds) world record set at the 2017 IPF World Classic Powerlifting Championships.
Both marks are unofficial because they occurred in training and not in competition. Check out each of Chapon’s lifts below, via her Instagram profile:
Here are each of Chapon’s stats from this productive training session. Note: Chapon didn’t state how much she weighed at during this session, but considering she’s nearing competition, one could assume she’s close to 47 kilograms.
Tiffany Chapon — Training Stats | April 17, 2022
- Squat — 165 kilograms (363.8 pounds)
- Bench Press — 100 kilograms (220.4 pounds) | Unofficial World Record
- Deadlift — 170 kilograms (374.78 pounds)
- Total — 435 kilograms (959 pounds) | Unofficial World Record
In addition to exceeding the current world record by 4.5 kilograms, Chapon has now improved upon her personal best bench press from the 2022 Fédération Française de Force (FFForce) Championnats de France Élite de Force Athlétique by 8.61 kilograms (19 pounds).
Meanwhile, with Chapon already in official possession of the squat and total IPF World Records, she’s free to continue stacking onto them. While her squat remained static from her last workout, it’s still higher than her world record mark of 155 kilograms (341.7 pounds) by 10.02 kilograms (22.1 pounds). As for Chapon’s total, it’s now a staggering 17 kilograms (37.5 pounds), better than her all-time recorded top total of 417.9 kilograms (921.5 pounds).
As for her deadlift, Chapon is still 22.5 kilograms shy of Heather Connor’s all-time world record of 192.5 kilograms (424.4 pounds).
It might only be a matter of time before Chapon is a household powerlifting name — if she isn’t already.
As with any IPF meets, Chapon certainly hasn’t shied away from other powerlifting competitions organized by the Fédération Française de Force (FFForce) and European Powerlifting Federation (EPF). To date, the 20-year-old can boast a stellar six victories with two other podium finishes.
Here are Chapon’s complete results thus far:
Tiffany Chapon — Career Results
- 2020 FFForce Silent Worker Meet — 1st overall
- 2021 FFForce Test Match Eleiko — 1st overall
- 2021 FFForce Silent Worker Meet — 2nd overall
- 2021 FFForce Championnats de France Jeunes et Élite de Force Athlétique — 1st overall
- 2021 IPF World Classic Powerlifting Championships — 1st overall
- 2021 FFForce Girl Power — 2nd overall
- 2021 EPF European Classic Powerlifting Championships — 1st overall
- 2022 FFForce Championnats de France Élite de Force Athlétique — 1st overall
2022 IPF Worlds Await
Chapon’s upcoming goals aren’t ambiguous anymore. After sharing her recent marks in her Instagram post, she references the upcoming 2022 IPF World Classic Powerlifting Championships on the horizon.
Now that Chapon has revealed her next competition, it seems it’s only a matter before all of her records become official. The 2022 IPF World Classic Powerlifting Championships will take place on June 6-12 in Sun City, South Africa.
Featured image: turbo_tiff on Instagram